Three simple steps to make sure you enjoy the Christmas holidays
Spend time together. Whether you're giving your undivided attention to your kids, or you're having some one-on-one time with your hubby or wife.
It will help recharge your battery.
Overindulge in good food and wine.
It gives me time to bake cookies with my kids, but I can also sit on the couch with a good bottle of red wine in front of the fire.
Practise self love.
I love sitting behind my sewing machine, baking cookies or playing football outside.
Making things is what I do best. So I'll be outside if you need me!
Man, do I have a great surprise for you! Ready to get your creative juices flowing?
Some say that winter is all about giving and sharing love. But rather than focussing on the presents, why not make something fun, see it as a home-made present.
After I put the Winter Wonderland playmat online I felt inspired. The illustrations were just too good to be true, and I felt I had to do something more with them. But what else can you do with a product like that?
Well, I've created a downloadable version. Don't worry, I know you can't download a playmat so I did something even better. It's time to roll up your sleeves and create your very own peep box using a template I've made just for you.
Just follow the step-by-step guide below.
Let's have a little peep
1. Download this template and print it out on thicker paper
2. Grab an old (shoe) box, the template, scissors and glue
3. Cut a rectangular hole into one of the longer sides of the box, this will be your peep hole
4. Cut out all the winter wonderland pieces from the template
5. Glue them to the inside of the box; on the sides, the middle and the background. Vary the distances to create more depth. Also, feel free to paint the inside of the box first
6. Cut a piece of tissue paper a little bigger than the top of the box, place it over the top and fasten it with tape. You can also use the lid of the box if you still have it.
7. Cut little holes into the tissue paper or the lid to create a fairy light effect
8. Remember to share your results with me on Instagram!